FRANCINE BUSBY, Chair of the San Diego Conty Democratic Party
Francine is the Chair of the San Diego County Democratic Party. She has been an elected delegate at State and National conventions since 2005. Previously, she served as President of the Cardiff School District Board and the Cardiff Education Foundation. Francine managed school bond campaigns to raise funds to modernize Cardiff Schools.
Francine Busby is a long time advocate for girls and women. As the former Executive Director of Run Women Run and mentor to candidates, Francine is building a network to inspire, mentor, train and elect women to public office. From her “Women Changing The World” course as an adjunct professor at California State University, San Marcos to her years as a leader in Girl Scouts, Francine has inspired girls to understand their power and reach their potential.
Francine ran for Congress in to make a difference. From her grassroots campaign in 2004 to her nationally-profiled, special election in 2006 through her 2010 midterm race, she inspired, motivated and energized voters.
Francine enjoyed a career in tourism at the Walt Disney Travel Company where she honed her communication and management skills in a competitive global environment. She is currently working on a book, “Why Good People Don’t Run for Office, and Why They ”Should.”
VOTER OUTREACH TEAM OF VOLUNTEERS
Voter Outreach Coordinator, Marilee McClean,will present on our plan for neighborhood voter outreach.
- Outreach will start on or around May 6th and 7th.
- Vote by mail ballots go out on May 9th, so it is imperative that we get organized now!
Do You Want To Be A Delegate To The
Democratic National Convention?
WHAT CAN THE PBDC DO TO SUPPORT OUR MEMBERS WHO WISH TO BE DELEGATES?
At the April 7th meeting, Joanne Climie will present on the following:
- Caucus to select Delegates to the Democratic National Convention, May 1, 2006;
- Members interested in becoming Delagates should attend our April 7th meeting and get additional information at http://www.cadem.org/our-party/national-convention (information for persons wanting to be delegates is on this website).
- Slate for the SDCDP Central Committee Members on June 7,2016 Primary Ballot.