University of Kansas, Home of the Koch Brothers, has just ended professorial tenure and academic freedom. The regents have handed authoritarian powers to the “CEO” of the University. The head of the Kansas University is referred to as the “CEO,” because higher education is perceived as a business and therefore professors work for the CEO.
Unlike Florida, where it is only academic departments that are bought and controlled by the Koch Brothers, in Kansas, a corporate crony CEO, who can fire any professor for any reason, rules the entire university.
Follow the link to read the full article, “Kansas Board of Regents Undermines Academic Freedom at State Universities.”
- Critics challenge Kansas Board of Regents’ new social media policy (kansascity.com)
- Kansas regents’ social media rules come under fire (sfgate.com)
- Kansas regents’ new social media rules come under fire (kansascity.com)
- Kansas State Faculty Want Repeal Of Social Media Policy (wibw.com)
- K-State president seeks changes to controversial regents policy (cjonline.com)